Manage and lead part of the Kubernetes development team
- Manage and lead a team of engineers to plan, prioritize and deliver open source products.
- Led networking efforts across Kubernetes & Openstack (Neutron)
- Architect and design features for Platform9 Managed Kubernetes product - multi-tenancy, highly available K8s on-premise solution, k8s networking.
- Deep dive into container & Kubernetes networking, CNI and various network plugins (Calico, Flannel, Weave, Contrail)
- Evangelize container networking and Kubernetes both internally & externally (conferences)
- Worked on nested virtualization using Openstack solving complex issues with linux bridge networking.
- Architected Neutron networking for Platform9 managed Openstack deployment and worked on nova network discovery in brownfield environments.
• Developed features for the Cloud Services Platform (CSP- Nexus1110 series) and contributed to two releases Freewinds.1 & Galaxy.
• Increased VM deployment efficiency by 4 fold by tweaking socket programming code in C
• Developed a standalone linux kernel module for L2 protocol - CDP (Cisco Discovery Protocol) packet processing. Currently in the process of upstreaming the code.
• Gained knowledge of qemu-kvm, KVM on RHEL, VM life cycle management & networking, Linux Networking & Kernel networking stack programming. Hands on experience on C, Python and C++
• Designed and developed a multi-tenant web-portal using Django framework (Python) to pull tenant specific device information of controllers and access points from the airwave management platform.
• Developed perl script to interface with RallyDev(Agile software development solution) to provide iteration breakdown and perform work analysis and defect risk analysis.
• Worked on creating a presence sensor using PIR and Arduino interfaced with ethernet card to communicate and control remotely.
• Fixed defects relating to performance improvement due to usage of match variables in perl scripts related to the AMP (Airwave Management Platform - Wireless network management and monitoring)
• I acquired Python, Djanjo, mysql basics, RallyDev, Agile software development skills
• Implemented PERCIST algorithm which produces and marks possible tumor regions for radiologists scrutiny given a volumetric MRI scan of a patient.
• Productization of code for MRI machines. The project involves aligning the patient with the MRI machine by running a pilot scan and then by image analysis, aligning the MRI scanner to capture a high definition image of the required body part automatically.
• Implemented a thread pool to increase performance of the product by a factor of 5.
• Ported code from Python to C++
• Skills learnt: C++, Python, Threadpools and algorithms.
• My role included development of the Microsoft SAPI (Speech API) Wrapper which facilitates the Text-to-Speech Engine to work with any SAPI compliant application and also provide techniques to improve the performance. The Text-to-Speech Engine deals with speech synthesis for Tamil and Kannada.
The project implementation aims at applications for:
• Providing an assistive technology for the visually impaired and the blind
• Providing a secondary accessibility option.
Achievements during the tenure
• Successfully implemented some functions such as Play, Pause and Stop using SAPI interface.
• Successfully increased the performance of the Text-to-Speech Engine.
• Set up and configured the MILE lab servers. Contributed in setting up Web server, Mail server, Bugzilla and sub versioning services.
(c) 2013-19 Author: Arun Sriraman